Seeing highly talented, ultra-competitive women’s professional athletes is difficult in a media landscape dominated by men’s sports coverage. Yet, according to Vivintel’s 2020 Sports & Esports Study, over 15 million Canadians follow women’s pro sports leagues, and 55% of Canadian adults agree that they would follow women’s sports if it was better covered. So as brands and marketers attempt to connect with this passionate, sports-loving audience, it’s important that they not only understand those who follow women’s professional sports, but the larger group of Canadians who know it’s time for a change.
To help researchers and marketers better understand the women’s professional sports audience, this report highlights:
• The profile of the women’s professional sports audience in Canada
• Canadians’ attitudes towards women in sports
• How followers compare to those of men’s sports leagues
• Media and devices used to watch and follow women’s pro sports and sports celebrities
• Attitudes toward their favourite team including psychographic statements
• Sports merchandise purchase behaviour
• Sponsorship recall by media
Are you a current member of Vividata? If not, check out our membership benefits.
If you are a member, for discounted member pricing, please login.