Esports is on the rise, and so is its young and unique fanbase. According to Vivintel’s 2020 Sports & Esports Study, 1.3 million more Canadians aged 18+ started following esports in the last year. Yet, even before COVID-19, major broadcasters in both Canada and around the world turned their eye on the industry. Treating pro and passive gamers alike, these broadcasters provided greater coverage of esports leagues and tournaments in a wider array of media. Now, this once niche fanbase is hitting the spotlight, opening the door for brands and marketers to connect with them in new and meaningful ways.
To help researchers and marketers better understand the esports audience, this report highlights:
• The profile of the esports audience in Canada
• The reach and frequency of fans following esports
• How the fanbase compares to fans of other sports leagues
• The gaming genres esports fans follow
• Which esports teams they follow most
• Their attitudes towards teams and team support including psychographic statements
• Their attitudes toward brand involvement and sponsorship
• Top brands among esports fans in five key industries
Are you a current member of Vividata? If not, check out our membership benefits.
If you are a member, for discounted member pricing, please login.