With professional sports being a key part many Canadians’ lives and sports betting on the rise, there’s more excitement and movement in the Canadian sports landscape than ever. But with each major sports league in Canada comes different major league fans — understanding the nuanced behaviours and preferences of these fans is the key to hitting a home run with targeted efforts to connect with them.
For researchers, strategists and marketers looking to understand and connect with the Canadian major league sports fan, this report highlights a number of key sports fandom insights, including:
• Demographic breakdowns of Canadians that follow the top men’s pro sports leagues
• Sports-following behaviour by league, including featured comparisons by age group in proportion to games followed
• Ticket purchasing habits and average spend
• Likelihood of noticing sponsors and purchasing sponsored products
• Featured comparisons in betting behaviour between followers of each league, such as frequency and attitudes
• Top media platforms and social media used by fans to watch and follow live sports, players, and teams
Are you a current member of Vividata? If not, check out our membership benefits.
If you are a member, for discounted member pricing, please login.