Digital audio (namely online streaming, podcast listening and smart speakers) have and continue to change the way people listen to the radio or audio content. According to Vividata’s Study of the Canadian Consumer Spring 2020, 37% of Canadians aged 14+ (or 11.7 million) user use a free or paid audio streaming service, 23% (7.3 million) listen to podcasts, and 17% (5.5 million) own a smart speaker.
To help researchers and marketers better understand the digital audio audience, this report specifically highlights:
• Reach of digital audio among Canadians
• Profile of audio streaming service users
• Services used to stream audio
• Mobile media activities
• Profile of podcast listeners
• Specific podcasts listened to
• Ownership of voice-activated smart speakers
• Profile of smart speaker owners
• Commands smart speaker owners use
• Psychographic statements
Are you a current member of Vividata? If not, check out our membership benefits.
If you are a member, for discounted member pricing, please login.