Helped by the uncertainty of COVID and greater awareness efforts pushed by organizations and governments alike, Canadians are more aware of their mental wellbeing than ever before. Conditions like stress, anxiety, and depression were reported by a projected 12+ million Canadians. And with only a fraction treating mental health with cannabis, there are potentially millions more Canadians who could gain the relief they need, when they need it most.
For this report, Vivintel teamed up with Strainprint. Leveraging data from their award-winning tracking app for medicinal cannabis users, the report sheds light on current and potential consumers of cannabis for mental health, highlighting:
• Demographic profiles of cannabis users for mental health
• Cannabis use for mental health in minority groups
• Consumption of cannabis by recency and frequency
• Mental health conditions treated with cannabis
• Perceived efficacy of cannabis for mental health
• Changes in tracked sessions during the COVID-19 pandemic
• Preferred cannabis brands tracked during COVID-19
• Preferred forms of cannabis to treat mental health
• Reasons for using cannabis for mental health
• Demographic profiles of potential Mental Health users
• Motivations to try cannabis for mental health
• Preferred forms for potential Mental Health users
• Barriers potential Mental Health users face
• Sources of information and areas for cannabis education
• Key psychographic statements on use, perceived therapeutic and wellness benefits, safe use of cannabis, and more.
Are you a current member of Vividata? If not, check out our membership benefits.
If you are a member, for discounted member pricing, please login.