From music streaming apps and websites, to popular podcasts, to smart speakers and more, listening to digital audio has never been easier and more and more Canadians are tuning in.
Looking into Vividata’s Metrica SCC Fusion database – a state-of-the-art fusion of Metrica’s online digital measurement panel with Vividata’s Survey of the Canadian Consumer – 17.5 million Canadians 18+ (58%) visited an audio streaming website or app in an average month, podcast listeners tripled to 9.9 million (33%) in the past 18 months, and 6.5 million (21%) now own a smart speaker.
To help researchers and marketers stay up-to-date on this rapidly-evolving audience, this updated report highlights:
• Reach of audio streaming, podcasts, and smart speakers among Canadians
• Profile of audio streaming service users
• The most popular services used to stream audio
• Mobile media activities
• Profile of podcast listeners
• The most popular podcasts listened to
• Ownership of voice-activated smart speakers
• Profile of smart speaker owners
• Commands smart speaker owners use
• Most popular brands of smart speakers owned
• Psychographic statements
Are you a current member of Vividata? If not, check out our membership benefits.
If you are a member, for discounted member pricing, please login.