This report is free for Vividata members.
Log in to download English and French versions at no extra charge.
Since the passing of Bill C-18 in June, both Canadian news media and news audiences have already felt uncertainty towards the future of local news in Canada.
Whether it’s not knowing what Bill C-18 entails, or where to get reliable local news following Meta’s news block, many Canadians are experiencing some sort of confusion about the bill and its effects.
This latest report from Vividata takes a closer look into what Canadians are saying about Bill C-18, and where they feel the future of Canadian news media is headed.
Featuring data from Vividata’s latest Bill C-18 Study, the new report highlights:
• Whether noticed changes in presence of local news on Meta platforms
• Familiarity with Bill C-18
• Concern about missing local news due to Bill C-18
• How impacted by removal of local news
• Reliance on Meta platforms for local news prior to Bill C-18
• Whether seek local news from other platforms
• Where get local news
• Psychographic statements related to Bill C-18
Who doesn’t love free stuff?
We know we do! That’s why nothing would make us happier than continuing to share free, insightful reports with our members, as much as possible. So, if you happen to get a free report, remember to share it only with those in your organization or with other members. It’ll help keep our member community strong, in-the-know, and in-line for getting even more of what we all love – more great stuff, free.